- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -




 



{ PROJECT: PLEXI-GLASS PHOTO DISPLAY }


The hardest part of this project is the measuring. Yes, thatís it. The bulk of the work was actually done by the kind folks at Tap Plastics, where we bought the plexi.

Jon and I wanted the display to span most of the wall. We just did the math, took the numbers to TP, and asked them to cut two equal pieces of plexi and drill the holes for mounting. (We went with six holes because the plexi seemed too wide to only have four.)

Once we got the plexi home, we laid one piece down on the ground. We then took our sepia photos (which all have a small white border around them), and laid them out: a row of verticals, two rows of horizontals, and another row of verticals. Using double-sided tape, we stuck them down. Then we put the other piece of plexi on top, carefully held the display up against the wall (this is not a one-person project), and screwed it all in place. (We had already marked the wall for the six holes, drilled those holes into the wall and popped in some anchors.)

That is it!

 

 

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -