Friday High-Five: 11.29.13
Since Thanksgiving was yesterday, it seems fitting to focus on "things that I'm especially thankful for" in today's FHF post. But I'm too lazy to pull together a graphic this week, so we're going all text.
- Our family is pretty healthy and happy and, really, nothing beats that. We've been spending time with my side of the family this week, and I still have trouble wrapping my brain around the fact that my niece is a freshman in college! And my 12.5-year-old nephew is about 5'9" now. These kids no longer seem like kids. *sigh*
- I feel very fortunate to have a home that I love, and am able to share it with my favorite person. (I'm not sure if that "Wow, I live here" feeling will ever dissipate.)
- Earlier this year, I left my part-time job and decided to become a full-time freelance writer/editor. It still doesn't quite seem real that I get to spend my days doing the only thing that I think I've ever really wanted to do. (And I just got a new laptop to do all of that writing and editing on!)
- Travel. I'm so grateful for the trips we've been able to take, and those that we're planning. I didn't travel much as a kid I didn't get my passport until the year I got married, in anticipation of our honeymoon so we try to squeeze in trips as often as our budgets and work schedules allow. (Next up for us: Mexico!)
- And because I'm not immune to the lure of these Black Friday sales that are happening: Thanks, Forward by Elyse Walker, for discounting those Isabel Marant shoes that I've been eyeing.