Friday High-Five: 11.08.13
For this week's FHF, I'm talking food.
- The food at Piccino is reason enough for me to make a trip to the Dogpatch neighborhood. (Save room for the zeppole!) The fact that the restaurant is adjacent to MAC is a big bonus.
- I hate the cold, but this hot chocolate almost makes me welcome it. I love this stuff, which Williams-Sonoma stocks every late fall/early winter. (I use one of these Bialetti machines to make my hot chocolate.)
- The other day, after lunch at Otoro Sushi with Victoria, we popped over to 20th Century Cafe to check out the new-ish Hayes Valley spot. They were out of bacon-cheddar scones, but the ladies behind the counter steered me toward the knish. And I am eternally grateful to them for that. Amazing. A new level of (flaky) potato goodness for me. [Photo by Maren Caruso via Modern Luxury]
- It's no secret that I'm not much of a cook or a baker. So one of my new favorites is Munchery which delivers dishes made by legit chefs right to my doorstep. I'm so into this. And because you purchase individual servings, Jon and I can each order our own thing.
- Last Christmas, one of the best gifts I received was from my brother and his wife: treats from Sideshow. Nicole Plue, the former pastry chef at one of my all-time favorite restaurants (Cyrus, which closed about a year ago), offers a half dozen or so sweet treats like Cereal Thriller/Cocoa Powder Puffs (great as an ice cream topping) and Saltine Toffee. Hopefully, she'll be updating her online shop inventory soon.